What is CUET?
National Testing Agency (NTA) conducts the all India Common University Entrance Test (CUET) for enrollment into undergraduate and postgraduate programs at various central and state universities in India, including University of Delhi, Allahabad University, Banaras Hindu University, Tezpur University, and University of Hyderabad.
For the first time, the exam will be conducted at such a scale in 2022. Hence, our experts at Inside DU have compiled all the important information about to help candidate understand various aspects of this exam comprehensively.
CUET 2022 Exam Highlights
|Exam Name||Common Universities Entrance Test|
|Conducting Body||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|Frequency of Conduct||Once a year|
|Exam Level||University Level|
|Courses Offered||Undergraduate, |
and research programs
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of Exam||Online (Computer-based Test)|
|Exam duration||2 hours|
|Type of questions||Multiple-choice questions|
|Number of Exam Centers||Around 150|
|Mode of Counselling||Offline|
|Medium of Exam||13 Languages- Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Malayalam, Marathi, Gujarati, Odiya, Bengali, Assamese, Punjabi, English, Hindi, and Urdu|
|Sections||Section I- Language-specific |
section IA and Ib
Section II- Domain-Specific
Section III- General Test
CUET Important Dates
|Application Form release||06 April 2022|
|Submission of application form||06 May 2022|
|Admit card release||June 2022|
|Exam date||First Week of July 2022|
|Answer Key release||Second Week of July 2022|
|Result declaration||First Week of August 2022|
CUET 2022 Exam Date
NTA CUET 2022 is scheduled to take place between the first and second of July 2022. The comprehensive examination schedule will be provided together with the official notice of the CUET 2022 Test, which is due this month. All applicants must check the official website on a regular basis to stay updated with the latest news on the CUET 2022 Exam.
CUET 2022 Selection Process
The selection process for CUET 2022 begins after the announcement of exam notification. Refer to the following to understand the same –
- As soon as the application process begins, candidates must apply online for CUET 2022.
- Candidates must download their CUET Admit Card and double-check it for any errors. In case of any errors, immediately contact and inform the authorities. Candidates are expected to appear for the exam on the date specified in their admit card. Candidates will be able to verify their responses when the NTA provides the final answer key following the examination.
- If a candidate finds any errors in the answer key, they can utilize the grievance redressal process to file a complaint.
- Candidates should prepare for the centralized counseling for enrollment in Central Universities when the results are declared.
CUET 2022 Application Form
The official notification and application form for CUET 2022 were announced on the official website on 6th April 2022. The application form is open for students till 6 May 2022.
Things to take into consideration when filling out the CUET 2022 Online Application –
- Candidates should ensure that they have all essential documentation along with a scanned copy of candidate’s signature and passport size photograph.
- It is necessary to pay for the application form online, and one needs to have a Net Banking account/UPI account/Credit Card/Debit Card to do so.
- Exam authorities will not accept an application form until the test fee is paid.
- After submitting the CUET 2022 Online Application, candidates will receive an email confirmation and SMS to the registered email address and phone number.
Thus, applicants should provide a valid mobile phone number in their application form, as CEUT/NTA will use this for future communication.
- The examination center for CUET 2022 must be carefully selected because no modifications are allowed after the application is submitted.
- The completed CUET application form should be downloaded and printed by the candidate for future reference.
CUET Registration Form 2022 Step-by-Step Process
Candidates must follow the following steps to apply for CUET 2022 Exam –
Step 1: Click on the “Register” button for the fresh registration for the CUET (UG) -2022 exam. CUET (UG) 2022 portal: https://cuet.samarth.ac.in
Step 2: Download and read the Information Bulletin carefully before applying for the exam.
Step 3: Fill out the registration form, including Personal Details and Present Address. Thereafter, choose the password, enter the security pin, and click on Submit.
Step 4: Validate the details in the preview application section and then click on “Submit and Send OTP on mobile”. If required, you can edit your credentials at this stage.
Step 5: Complete the verification process by entering the OTP received on your registered mobile number/email ID.
After this, your registration process is complete. You can log in to your account by entering the same User ID and Password to complete your CUET 2022 application.
Now, let’s understand how to fill CUET 2022 Application form.
CUET 2022 How to fill Application Form
The application form is available on the CUET website. Before filling out the application form, candidates must complete the above-mentioned registration process.
Here’s a step-by-step tutorial on completing the CUET 2022 application form.
Step 1: Visit the official NTA website
- The NTA website is updated with the CUET 2022 Online Application form. Candidates should visit the NTA’s official website and download the announcement and instructions for completing the CUET 2022 Online Application form. Read it carefully.
- Next, log in using the credentials mentioned above and start filling out the application form.
Step 2: Fill Exam Application Form
- Personal Information, Qualifying Exam Information, Educational Information, Correspondence Address, Program & University Preferences, Examination Venue, Photo and Signature, and Declaration will be required to successfully fill the CUET 2022 application form.
Step 3: Fill Preference for Course and University
- Candidates should carefully fill out the program and university preferences on the CUET 2022 Online Application form.
- Candidates must first choose their preferred institutions. Following that, the courses at universities. There will be restrictions on the number of institutions and courses that can be selected in a single application. The official CUET notification will specify the restrictions in the notification.
Step 4: Fill Choice of Language, Domain-Specific Subjects and Select Exam Center
- At this point, candidates will also be requested to specify the language and domain-specific subject which they desire to pursue. Choose them wisely.
- Candidates will next be asked to pick the preferred test center. The application form allows candidates to specify up to four choices.
Step 5: Upload Photograph, Signature & Other Important Documents
- Additionally, candidates must upload a softcopy of their class Xth mark sheet, a photo, signature, and other supporting documentation (in case of a category student) in the CUET 2022 Online Application Form.
- Upload the scanned signature and passport zise photograph in compliance with the prescribed guidelines. –
- Size of scanned passport size photograph: Between 10KB and 100KB
- Size of scanned Signature: Between 5KB and 20KB
- Once the application form has been uploaded, candidates should preview the completed application form and verify log-in details, i.e., email ID and password, and proceed to the next step.
Step 6: Pay the fees for Application Form
- Candidates will be obligated to pay the application fees after completing the entire CUET 2022 Online Application form.
- Candidates have an option to either pay online using a Debit/Credit Card, Net Banking, UPI, or obtain the challan to pay the cost online. They can select the desired payment method and complete the transaction.
- To get approval, the application fees must be paid. Therefore, candidates are are encouraged to pay the application fee before the deadline.
- Once the application fee is paid, download and print the confirmation and preserve it for future reference.
CUET 2022 Application Fees
The application fees is specified for all students. Candidates can submit the fee online with a credit/debit card, or net banking among other methods which has been determined independently for each category. The following table provides application fee amounts for each category –
CUET 2022 Eligibility Criteria
To register for CUET 2022, candidates must fulfill the eligibility criteria prescribed by the Central Universities. The following are the eligibility conditions:
For UG: The following eligibility criteria should be met the candidate to be eligible to enroll in bachelor’s degree programs at the Central Universities –
- Candidates should have completed Class 12 or equivalent from a recognized board.
- Candidates in the general category must have earned at least 50% marks in Class 12 board examination or equivalent, while candidates in the SC/ST category must have received at least 45% marks in Class 12 board examination or equivalent.
- A 45% aggregate is required for general category applicants to be considered for BTech courses, while a 40% aggregate is required for reserved category applicants.
For PG: To apply for any master’s degree at the Central Universities, the following eligibility requirements must be fulfilled –
- The candidate must hold a bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
- To be considered eligible for CUET 2022, a candidate must possess at least a 55% in case of General and 50% in case of SC/ST in Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
For Ph.D.: To be eligible for enrollment in Ph.D. programs in Central Universities, the candidate must meet the following requirements –
- In order to be considered for admission to research programs, applicants must hold a Master’s degree from a recognized university.
- Candidates must have at least 55% marks in case of general and 50% marks in case of SC/ST.
Note: that candidates who have passed UGC-CSIR JRF, GATE, NBHM, or other national exams do not need to take this examination. Nevertheless, they will still need to apply for CUET 2022.
CUET 2022 Exam Pattern
With the level of interest in CUET, it is critical for all applicants to understand the CUET Examination Pattern. This may design an effective examination preparation approach to ace CUET 2022. The entrance exam will be given online as a computer-based test (CBT). The test duration will be 3 hrs 15 mins or 3 hrs 45 mins, based on the options selected by the candidate.
It is important for candidates to fully comprehend the CUET 2022 Exam Pattern which is listed below, to help candidates in their exam preparation –
|Sections||Subjects||No. of Questions||To be attempted||Duration|
|Section IA||13 Languages||50|
40 in each Language
45 mins for each Language
|Section IB||19 Languages||50|
|Section II||27 Domain-Specific Subjects||50||40||45 mins for each Subject|
|Section III||General Test||75||60||60 mins|
CUET 2022 Syllabus
CUET Syllabus for Language Test
The students’ fluency in the language is to be tested through questions asked in Reading Comprehension (based on different types of passages–Factual, Literary and Narrative [Literary Aptitude & Vocabulary]. The languages included in Section 1A and 1B respectively are as mentioned below:
CUET Syllabus for Domain Subject
As per the NCERT model, the CUET syllabus for the domain-specific paper is the same as for Class XII. It means that the NCERT books will be the best source of preparation for the domain-specific paper. One can choose from the following subjects for the domain-specific paper. Candidates can select up to six subjects from the list given below.
|Accountancy/ Book Keeping||Biology/ Biological Studies/ Biotechnology/Biochemistry||Business Studies||Chemistry|
|Computer Science/ Informatics Practices||Economics/ Business Economics||Engineering Graphics||Entrepreneurship|
|Geography/Geology||Environmental Science||Home Science||Legal Studies|
|Physical Education/ NCC /Yoga||Knowledge Tradition and Practices of India||Psychology||Sociology|
These are again classified as Domain Subjects and Additional Subjects as below:
|Anthropology||Sanskrit||Computer Sciences||Legal Studies|
|Physical Education||Engineering Graphics||Fine Arts|
|Entrepreneurship||Teaching Aptitude||Mass Media|
|Agriculture||Performing Arts||Commercial Arts|
|Knowledge Traditional Practice in India|
CUET Syllabus for General Test
The General Aptitude assessment (GA) is part III of the exam and will have the following sub-sections:
|General Knowledge||Current Affairs||General Mental Ability||Numerical Ability|
|Quantitative Reasoning||Logical Reasoning||Analytical Reasoning|
CUET 2022 Participating Universities
CUET 2022 conducted by NTA will a mandatory admission test for universities established under the Act of Parliament and overseen by the Ministry of Education, Government of India.
India currently has 54 central universities. The universities collectively provide about 1.68 million undergraduate seats in a variety of specialties. Admissions to most institutions, which have been on the basis of merit (class XII grades), will now fall within the ambit of CUET.
Following is a list of Universities that accept CUET 2022 scores –
|Name of the University||State||Location|
|Aligarh Muslim University||Uttar Pradesh||Aligarh|
|Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar University||Uttar Pradesh||Lucknow|
|Banaras Hindu University||Uttar Pradesh||Varanasi|
|Central Sanskrit University, Delhi||Delhi||Delhi|
|Central University of Andhra Pradesh||Andhra Pradesh||Anantapur|
|Central University of South Bihar||Bihar||Gaya|
|Central University of Gujarat||Gujarat||Gandhinagar|
|Central University of Haryana||Haryana||Mahendragarh|
|Central University of Himachal Pradesh||Himachal Pradesh||Dharamsala|
|Central University of Jammu||Jammu and Kashmir||Jammu|
|Central University of Jharkhand||Jharkhand||Ranchi|
|Central University of Karnataka||Karnataka||Kalaburagi|
|Central University of Kashmir||Jammu and Kashmir||Srinagar|
|Central University of Kerala||Kerala||Kasaragod|
|Central University of Odisha||Odisha||Koraput|
|Central University of Punjab||Punjab||Bathinda|
|Central University of Rajasthan||Rajasthan||Ajmer|
|Central University of Tamil Nadu||Tamil Nadu||Tiruvarur|
|Dr. Harisingh Gaur Vishwa Vidyalaya||Madhya Pradesh||Sagar|
|Guru Ghasidas Vishwavidyalaya||Chhattisgarh||Bilaspur|
|Hemvati Nandan Bahuguna Garhwal University||Uttrakhand||Srinagar|
|Indira Gandhi National Tribal University||Madhya Pradesh||Amarkantak|
|Jamia Millia Islamia||Delhi||New Delhi|
|Jawaharlal Nehru University||Delhi||New Delhi|
|Mahatma Gandhi Antarrashtriya Hindi Vishwavidyalaya||Maharashtra||Wardha|
|Mahatma Gandhi Central University||Bihar||Motihari|
|Maulana Azad National Urdu University||Telangana||Hyderabad|
|National Sanskrit University||Andhra Pradesh||Tirupati|
|North Eastern Hill University||Meghalaya||Shillong|
|Rajiv Gandhi University||Arunachal Pradesh||Itanagar|
|Shri Lal Bahadur Shastri National Sanskrit University||Delhi||New Delhi|
|The English and Foreign Languages University||Telangana||Hyderabad|
|University of Allahabad||Uttar Pradesh||Prayagraj|
|University of Delhi||Delhi||Delhi|
|University of Hyderabad||Telangana||Hyderabad|
|Visva Bharati University||West Bengal||Bolpur|
CUET 2022 Exam Centers
CUET 2022 will be conducted in 154 different locations across the country. Candidates must pick their preferred exam centers when completing the Exam Application Form.
The following is a list of CUET 2022 test centers –
|Jammu & Kashmir||Jammu|
CUET 2022 Admit Card
CUET 2022 admit card will be available 1 to 2 weeks before the examination date. The CUET hall ticket will include the examination venue address, examination timings, application number, and program applied. The CUET 2022 Admit Card and a valid photo Identity, is required on the day of the exam. In the event of a mistake in the CUET 2022 Admit Card, candidates must notify the authorities promptly to correct the issue.
CUET 2022 Answer Key
The answer key for CUET 2022 will be released online in July 2022. Using the answer key, candidates can determine their potential marks. In the event of an errors in the answer key, candidates are allowed to challenge it by submitting supporting documentation within the time frame specified. After considering all relevant factors, the final answer key for undergraduate and postgraduate programs will be published.
CUET 2022 Result
CUET 2022 Result 2022 shall be declared on the official website one month after the examination. The results will only be available in online form. To see the exam results, applicants must enter the login information they received during enrollment. The CUET Result 2022 will provide the admission exam score and qualifying status. The CUET 2022 merit list will be published based on the scores obtained by applicants in the entrance examination.
How to check CUET Result 2022?
- Access NTA CUET’s official webpage at https://cuet.samarth.ac.in/.
- Select “CUET 2022 SCORECARD” link under latest news.
- The screen will display the result login window.
- In the login page, input your roll number and birth date.
- Select the “Login” button.
- Save the CUET Result that is displayed on the screen for ease of reference.
CUET 2022 Cut Off
After the CUET 2022 test, the cut off will be released. The CUET 2022 Cut Off will be announced simultaneously with the admission examination scores. The appropriate authorities invites only applicants who obtain marks higher than the Cut Off marks to engage in counseling. The number of candidates, the level of difficulty of the test, the past year cut-off scores, and the amount of seats available will all influence the CUET 2022 Cut Off. The cut-off marks for various programs and universities may differ.
CUET 2022 Counselling
Following the announcement of the CUET Result 2022, all participant universities will start their CUET 2022 counselling. Candidates must visit the official websites of the CUET 2022 participating institutions on a regular basis in order to attend the counselling, as they must register for the counseling and choose their preferred courses within a specific time frame.
Candidates must bring the necessary documents with them to the counselling session for document authentication. After the counselling, the admission lists for CUET 2022 will be provided based on the choices made by the candidates for the distribution of seats.
CUET Previous Year Papers
Booklist for CUET Paper A (Aptitude Paper)
|General Awareness||General Knowledge by ArihantDisha’s Rapid General Knowledge by Disha Experts|
|English Language||English Grammar in Use by Raymond Murphy|
Competitive English Grammar and Composition by Arihant
High School English Grammar and Composition by Wren and Martin
|Analytical Skills||Analytical Reasoning and Logical Reasoning by Arihant|
Analytical Reasoning by MK Pandey
|Mathematical Aptitude||Lucent’s Complete Mathematics|
Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Exams by R.S. Sharma
Shortcuts in Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Exams by Disha Experts
Test of Arithmetic by Arihant
Booklist for CUET Preparation: Section B
Section B of the exam may include the domain-specific subject, i.e. the subject in which you want to be enrolled. Only an official announcement will reveal whether or not a domain-specific article will be published. You must act responsibly while selecting this topic because it will not only represent the Undergraduate subject, but it would also carry considerable weightage in the CUET 2022. Section B has a weightage of 75%.
Let’s take a closer look at the CUET Section B booklist:
|Chemistry||ABC Chemistry by S.P. Jauhar Organic Chemistry by Arihant|
|Biology||Botany AC DuttaObjective Biology by Dinesh|
|Mathematics||Elementary Math by DoroFeev Patapov|
A Problem Book in Mathematical Analysis by G.N. Berman
Higher Algebra by Hall & KnightProblems in Calculus of One Variable by IA Maron
|Physics||Concepts of Physics by HC Verma|
|Social Science||Methodology and Perspectives of Social Science by Abhijit Kundu|
Political Science by ND Arora
Political Ideologies by Andrew Heywood
Administrative Thinkers by Prasad & Prasad
AP European History by Test Prep Books
|Economics||Economics by Lipsey R. and A Crystal|
Fundamental Methods of Mathematical Economics by Chiang A.C. and K.Wainwright
Indian Economy: Performance & Policies by Uma Kapila
International Economics by Dominick Salvatore
CUET 2022 Preparation Tips
The CUET is all set to become the most significant entrance test in the country with 54 Central Universities participating for admissions to their undergraduate programs. The stakes are undeniably high for a candidate who is already under enormous stress owing to the Class XII Board examinations. With the exam coming up in July, understanding how to prepare efficiently is critical. As a result, the CUET 2022 preparation strategy is currently one of the most widely discussed issues among students.
Here are a few tips and tricks to help candidates prepare for and succeed in the CUET 2022 exam –
1. Understand the Exam
Every entrance exam is unique. Before taking the test, the first step for a candidate should be to understand the exam. It also corresponds to CUET 2022. Candidates will be able to attend the premier institutions in the country as a result of this examination. Thus, understanding the exam format and the participating universities in CUET 2022 is imperative.
2. Examine the Syllabus
The next step for the candidates is to familiarize themselves with the CUET 2022 syllabus. This will assist candidates in narrowing down the content that needs to be prepared. Candidates should double-check the priority and marks allocated to each chapter. The CUET syllabus itself is the fundamental point to cover when you start the learning process. Unless candidates are thoroughly familiar with the syllabus, they may not be able to distinguish what is worth studying from what is not.
3. Draw up a Timetable
It is likely that CUET 2022 will be conducted after the Board exams end since it is an entrance test for students seeking admission to undergraduate courses at Central Universities. Undoubtedly, with intense pressure and hype surrounding the Class 12th board exams, one’s focus will quickly shift to the school syllabus, especially as the exams are near.
Candidates should make a strategy for spending 90-120 minutes every day. With a proper strategy in place even throughout the Board, examinations will help candidates maintain their momentum. It is advised that the candidates should stick to their schedule and routine, and they’ll breeze through the exam.
Candidates must remain focused on practicing, and preparing for entrance exams like CUET. It is vital to practice the concepts and attempt Mock Tests based on the exam format. These will aid applicants in understanding their strengths as well as give an idea of the areas of improvement that may be concentrated on and improved.
5. Stay Motivated
Motivation is vital for conquering any obstacle, even an entrance exam. Candidates must think optimistically and comprehend how succeeding in the examination will help them develop their aspirations and careers. It is vital to seek guidance and connect with experts, whenever required.
Important Tips for Revision
While preparing for CUET 2022, the key tip is to revise all the important topics. In order to prepare for CUET 2022, it is important to go through all of the key topics.
The following tips will help candidates ace this exam –
- Make a list of all the topics that need to be revisited.
- Make a strategic plan to cover those topics. Plan a strategic approach covering those topics.
- Identify and revise the more challenging topics in the course.
- Mock tests can then be taken. They help candidates manage time.
- Look through the previous year’s question paper and note the important topics/questions.
- Become familiar with the paper’s pattern.
- Candidates are advised to keep revising the topics which are their strength before the exam day. The best way to prepare for the exam is to keep revising the topics in which the candidate is strong.
Visit Insidedu.in to read more about how to crack CUCET with ease.
Some Frequently Asked Questions
Is this exam undertaken nationally?
Yes, this test is conducted across the country.
What is the application fee for candidates from PWD category?
Candidates from the the PWD category have to Rs. 400/- as CUET application fees.
CUET Exam is conducted by which organisation?
The NTA, the National Testing Agency, conducts the All India CUET Exam.
What is the website link to register for the exam?
The official website for registration is cucet.nta.nic.in.
Do the exam questions follow a specific format?
The exam will have only multiple choice questions.